Just like servicing your car, your home's furnace requires service once a year by an HVAC professional. It is a matter of safety for your family and keeping your furnace running longer and efficient while doing so. If you have a maintenance agreement with us, we will remind you when a tune-up is due. A maintenance agreement will also save you money year-round when service is required and comes with an extended warranty on repairs.
17-Point Furnace Tune-Up Checklist
One of the most comprehensive furnace tune-ups available in the industry.
- Test for Carbon Monoxide.
- Test for gas leaks up to furnace shut off valve.
- Check air filter, replace with home owner supply.
- Check humidifier operation, change for winter operation.
- Test and adjust operation of safety and operating controls.
- Inspect flue pipe and draft diverter.
- Monitor for combustion leaks.
- Test gas valve operation.
- Check blower motor (and belt if applicable)
- Test and tighten all wiring and connections.
- Adjust burner for maximum efficiency.
- Clean burners and inspect heat exchanger.
- Clean and adjust thermostat.
- Lubricate all motors, bearings, fans and circulators.
- Clean and adjust pilot assembly.
- Clean flame sensor.
- Inform customer of equipment conditions.
- Ensure Manufacturer Warranty - All manufacturers require preventative maintenance documentation.
- Lower your Energy Cost - Keep your equipment running as efficiently as possible, reducing energy bills.
- Extend the Life of Your Equipment - Equipment lasts longer with preventive maintenance.
- Detect Problems Early - We can pinpoint and correct developing problems before your equipment fails.
- Lower Life-cycle Cost - Over the life of your equipment, you will experience lower total operating and maintenance costs with fewer interruptions.
- Operate Equipment Safely - Inspecting the safety components in a system can prevent accidents.
- Maximized Home Comfort - Our Comfort Assurance Policy is a process that assures your HVAC questions and solutions are reviewed.
- Protect Your Family's Health - Early detection of Indoor Air-Quality (IAQ) Issues.
|Reliability||Efficiency||Peace of Mind|
|Tune-Ups per year*||Spring & Fall||Spring & Fall||Spring & Fall|
|Warranty period for repairs performed (parts & labor)||1 year||2 years||3 years|
|Life time workmanship guarantee on repairs||✓||✓||✓|
|Priority status you will receive service for no heat or no cool emergency calls no later then||36 hrs.||24 hrs.||same day|
|No overtime fees||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount on any equipment repairs||10%||20%||30%|
|Convenient monthly payment option||✓||✓||✓|
|Equipment replacement credits for each program participation***(equipment replacement only)||$50||$75||$125|
|*Choice of Technician||✓||✓|
|REFRIGERANT 1lb. R410-A (R-22 NOT INCLUDED)||✓||✓|
|Diagnostic fee waived upon repair. No overtime rates||✓|
|**Choice of Saturday call||✓|
|Additional Maintenance Agreement discount (per additional system)||5%||10%|
24 Hour Service
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, you have Columbus's leading furnace repair specialists awaiting your call!
We Service Your Area
We service all of the Columbus metro, Columbus, Powell, Westerville, Grove City, Galloway, Pickerington, and more.
After diagnosing the furnace, your technician will verify the repairs and cost before he performs the work. There are never any surprises at the end of the service!
We stand by our work by offering a one-year warranty on all our repairs and extended repair warranties for our Maintenance Agreement holders.
Fire & Ice's technicians go through on-going training year-round in the largest training facility in Central Ohio, also owned by Fire & Ice.
All Makes and Models
Fire & Ice can repair any furnace regardless of make and model!
With our accreditation and A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can trust that your furnace is in good hands with Fire & Ice.