May 16th, 2023
Are you on the hunt for an affordable but reliable furnace? Are you looking at buying a model that has reliability, solid performance, and high efficiency? Then the Carrier 59SC2 might just be for you.
Hi I’m Luke from Fire & Ice. Year after year we meet with thousands of Central Ohio homeowners to help determine their best heating and cooling solution. When our customers ask us about any straightforward high efficiency furnaces that deliver, the solution often is the Carrier 59SC2 also known as the Carrier Comfort 92. By the end of this video, you’ll know if the Carrier Comfort 92 is right for you and your home.
What are the features of the Carrier Comfort 92?
Let’s take a look at the features and benefits the Carrier Comfort 92 has to offer. First off, the Comfort 92 has a single-stage gas valve, which means it uses 100% of its capacity every time it turns on. This tried-and-true technology allows for reliable, and consistent heating. Next is its multi-speed ECM motor, which is more efficient compared to older fixed speed motors. The multi-speed ECM motor gradually ramps up over a period of several seconds rather than turning on at full power. This approach means the blower will last longer, use less electricity, and result in quieter operation. The last feature of note is its warranty. The Comfort 92 comes with a 10-year parts warranty and a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger.
What is the Efficiency Rating for the Carrier Comfort 92?
Furnace efficiency is rated by an Annualized Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating or AFUE. The Carrier Comfort 92 is considered a high efficiency furnace with an AFUE rating of up to 92%. Which means it uses 92% of the natural gas fuel toward heating your home. The other 8% is exhausted as waste. When you think of it in terms of money, 92 cents for every dollar spent on fuel is going towards heating your home.
Who is Carrier Comfort 92 a good fit for?
The 59SC2 is part of Carrier’s comfort series, designed to bring you performance but keep your budget and efficiency in mind. Regardless of where you live, picking a unit that saves you money upfront and in the future is never a wrong choice, especially if you live in a smaller home or do not require a larger unit to fulfill your needs. The Comfort 92 may not be for you if you need a communicating furnace or you are looking to invest in a higher end furnace.
How much does the Carrier Comfort 92 cost?
Now let’s get down to the numbers. How much does it cost? To have the Carrier Comfort 92 installed in your home, expect to pay between $4100 and $4800. This range includes everything, including the cost of equipment, labor, and any permits. The range in price is based on a number of factors such as: the size of your home, the furnace’s capacity, filters or other indoor air quality products, and the location of the system. For comparison, a new furnace replacement can range between $3,000 and $7,600 making the Carrier Comfort 92 a great mid-range option.
What's the next step in the process.
Let’s talk about what to do next. If you think the Carrier Comfort 92 is right for you click the “estimate” button at the top of the screen to schedule your free estimate today. Thank you for watching and we look forward to making your day better.